As Field Service Technician, you will represent Nitro Environmental LLC. and be responsible for providing technical support for the assembly, installation, commissioning and repair of combustion and environmental equipment including: oxidizers, ovens, furnaces, flares, vapor combustors, vapor recovery units, scrubbers, bag houses, skids and other equipment or systems and associate controls.
Key duties include:
- Perform on-site routine services including installation, maintenance, and repair of equipment at customer locations.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals in an efficient manner.
- Competent using and repairing control systems on equipment, and able to train other employees and/or customers when required.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and conduct preventive maintenance of customer equipment when required.
- Perform detailed service reports to document evaluations and recommendations related to equipment repair.
- Communicate details in a clear, coherent manner. Interact on a regular basis with Field Service Supervisor to channel field feedback to Sales, Engineering, and other relevant departments.
- Work flexible schedule, including long and/or irregular hours. 24 hrs. on call.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Assisting with scheduled and unscheduled equipment repairs and maintenance.
- Representing in a professional manner at all times.
- Following all Health, Safety, and Environmental procedures (Nitro Environmental and customer).
- Demonstrating proficiency in accurately and efficiently diagnosing and repairing mechanical/electrical/system problems Thermal and Non-Thermal systems, and all associated controls.
- Gaining and developing a strong knowledge of Thermal and Non-Thermal equipment and comprehensive mechanical, electrical, diagnostic, and analytical skills.
- Having call-out responsibilities and responding to emergency maintenance calls.
- Must be dedicated to customer service, and maintaining professional working relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Possess current driver’s license and have a good driving record.
- Understands detailed electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems and operations.
- Able to obtain passport for international travel if required
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must have and maintain a current Passport and Visas as needed
Preferred Skills / Experience:
- Combustion and environmental equipment (e.g. oxidizers, ovens, flares, etc.)
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Must be willing to travel extensively in the geographic project area and globally.
- Must be able to drive and work in inclement weather conditions for extended periods.
- Must be able to fly and otherwise travel domestically and internationally.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Must be able to work with the team in developing improved work processes for the department.
- Ability to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- This document is an outline of the primary tasks assigned and may be changed at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
- All team members are expected to assist in achieving its goals even if such tasks are beyond the scope of this outline.
- This job description does not constitute an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.